Prep Time: 5 hours
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Sabudana (Sago): 1 cup
- Potato: 3 medium sized, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Peanut: ¼ Cup
- Rock salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Green chili: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Curry leaves: 3-4
- Lemon Juice: a few drops
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Soak sabudana for 4 hours. Drain all excess water and keep in the sieve for 30 minutes so all excess water will be removed.
- Dry roast the peanuts. Let it cool and grind coarsely.
- In a large bowl, mix soaked sabudana, mashed potato, grinded peanut, salt, black pepper powder, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, chopped curry leaves, lemon juice. Toss everything well.
- Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball and flatten them using hand.
- Heat a non-sticky tawa or pan.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon oil all over the tawa. Let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Place the flat sabudana cutlets on the tawa as many as you can place on the tawa. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil op top of all the cutlets. Cover the tawa and medium the heat. Leave it for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cover, flip all the cutlets, spread little oil on all the cutlets again. Cover and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Higher the heat and cook flipping both sides until brown and crispy.
- Take them on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”