Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 Mathris
- Whole Wheat flour (Aata): 1/2 Cup
- Plain Flour: 1/2 Cup
- Semolina (Rava / Sooji): 1/4th Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Kalonji (Black Seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Combine all the ingredients and make a stiff dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 2-inch diameter circle.
- Or else, you can roll the dough into a large circle and use a cookie cutter to cut them into circles.
- Arrange the dough circles on a baking tray and prick them evenly with a fork, to prevent them from puffing while in the oven. Brush both sides with little butter or oil.
- Bake the Mathris/Suhalis for about 7-8 minutes, flip the side and bake again for 5-6 minutes or until light brown and crispy.
- Remove the Mathris out of the oven and serve hot. Or, allow them to cool completely and store the Baked Mathris in an airtight container.
- Instead of baking you may deep fry the Mathris.