Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Thin Poha: 1 Cup
- Green peas: 3/4th Cup
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped or crushed, ½ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 3-5
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Coconut: Grated coconut, 2 Tablespoon
- Milk: 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Green chili: finely chopped, ½ Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: A few drops
- Coriander Leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Wash and drain thin poha in a sieve and keep it aside. If you are using thick poha, soak for 10 minutes and then drain the water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin seeds, ginger and curry leaves. Wait till cumin seeds changes color. Around 30-40 seconds.
- Wash the green peas (Matar).
- Add washed Peas and green chilis in the pan.
- Add turmeric and salt. Mix well and cover it with a lid until the peas are almost (85%) cooked.
- Add the soaked poha, black pepper, coconut and milk. Stir softly, otherwise poha would be mushy.
- Cover it again for 2 minutes or until poha becomes soft and peas or cooked.
- Remove the Heat and add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce, green chutney or Bhujia sev.
- Please click on the link to get the YouTube video: Matar Nariyal Poha