Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- White Mushrooms: 1 cup or approx. 250 gm
- Onion: 2 medium sized or 1 big sized
- Tomato: 2 medium sized or 1 big sized
- Green Bell Pepper: ½ of a medium sized
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic: Finely Chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chili: Finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Cream / Plain Curd / Milk: 2 Tablespoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala or Cinnamon Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Honey or Sugar: 1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Coriander Leaves: Finely chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: A few drops
- Clean the mushrooms and cut each into 2-4 pieces
- Peel the Onions, take the outer 4 layers of each onion and cut into 1 inch squares. Finely chop the middle portions into very small pieces.
- Clean the tomatoes and cut 1 tomato into 1 inch squares and other one into finely chopped pieces.
- Clean the bell pepper and cut into 1 inch squares
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add 1-inch square cut pieces of onion, tomato and green bell pepper. Sauté in high frame for 2 minutes. Remove this from pan and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil again and add cumin seeds. When it changes its color, add finely chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till onion turns golden.
- Add finely chopped tomato and chilis and sauté again until tomato becomes mushy.
- Add Mushrooms and salt. Stir well. Cover the pan with a lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauté mix of onion, tomato and bell pepper
- Add black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, honey and milk cream. Stir well for 1 minute. Cover the pan again, until mushrooms are done and water dried up (Mushroom leaves little water).
- Remove heat and add coriander leaves and a few drops of lemon juice.
- You may add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder after adding mushrooms.
- You may add any masala, like coriander powder, jeera powder, red chili powder. I personally prefer less masala food and I mostly use black pepper over red chili powder.
- You can make brown mushrooms using this recipe as well.
- Do not dry the water, if you like it with semi-gravy.