- Chickpea flour (besan): 1/2 Cup
- Potato: Boiled, peeled and grated 2 cups or Medium sized 5-6 or 400 grams
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Red chili Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Citric Acid or Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Boil the potatoes, peel and grate them.
- Sieve chickpea flour and keep it in a bowl.
- Add grated potatoes, salt, hing, turmeric powder, red chili powder and citric acid in the flour and knead to a smooth dough. Cover this dough for 15-20 minutes allowing it to ferment.
- Apply some oil on your hand, break of a small sized piece from the dough and roll it length wise. Put this rolled dough in the Bhujia making machine and close it.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and press bhujia from machine to hot oil. Allow bhujia to fry for some time then turn it over, fry till it turns light brown. Take it out on an oil absorbing napkin. Similarly fry all of the Aloo Bhujia.
- Let it cool. Break them into small bhujia pieces and store them in an air-tight container.