Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Serve: 6 Paranthas
For the dough:
- Whole wheat flour(Aata): 2 Cups
- Water: 1/2 Cup or as required
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Avocado: 1 medium sized, peeled, seeded and mashed using a fork
- Cumin seeds: ¼ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Ghee/Oil/butter to roast the paranthas.
- Knead the flour using flour, avocado, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder and water to a soft dough.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 6-inch diameter circle.
- Heat Tawa, keep it in medium flame and place the parantha on the tawa
- Flip the parantha after 30 seconds
- Using ghee/butter/oil, roast both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- serve hot, or, keep them in a casserole or wrap them up in a kitchen towel or napkin.