Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Bhindi (Ladies finger): 200 grams, medium sized 18-20 bhindis
- Rice Flour or corn flour or chickpea flour (Besan): 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: ¼ Tablespoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Chat Masala: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon for the mix and 4 cups for deep fry
- Clean the bhindis first using a wet napkin and then a dry napkin.
- Trim the edges of each bhindi, then cut into two parts. Deseed them and then cut each half, length-wise into two or four parts.
- Take the deseeded cut pieces into a bowl, add salt, turmeric, flour, ½ tablespoon oil and mix well, so that bhindis are well coated with the powder.
- Using a sieve, remove the extra powder from the bhindi
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the bhindis in high flame for 5-6 minutes. If pan is small, fry in 2-3 batches.
- Once the bhindis are crispy, take out and sprinkle chat masala.