Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 10-12 cutlets
- Potato: 3 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Carrots: 3 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Beetroot (Beet): 1 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Chat masala or garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon or to taste
- Lemon juice: a few drops
- Corn flour: ½ Cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tablespoon for tempering and as needed to fry the cutlets
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Bread Crumbs or semolina (Sooji): ¼ Cup
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl and make a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
- Take bread crumbs or semolina in a plate. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, sauté onion, ginger, chili.
- Add boiled and mashed potato, beet, carrot and mix well.
- Add salt, chat masala, lemon juice and mix well.
- Fry the mix till it is completely dry and the raw smell of beet and carrot is gone.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the Mix into 12 equal portions. Roll them into balls. Press each ball to make a thick circle (2-inch diameter)
- Now, dip the prepared cutlet into the corn flour mix and then drop it gently into bread crumbs. Cutlet should be well coated with bread crumbs on both the sides.
- Deep fry or shallow fry the cutlets
- Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- To make Bread Crumbs, take bread that is 2-3 days old, dry it in the sun for 15 minutes and powder it in a mixer. Or, Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree C. Then bake the bread on a tray for 10-15 minutes, cool and dry grind it in a mixer.