Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Potato: 2 medium sized
- Dry Methi leaves (Fenugreek Leaves): ½ cup
- Tomato: 2 medium sized
- Ginger: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Green Chili: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Water: As required for the grave
- Boil potato 80%, peel and cut into cubes.
- Dry roast tomato, ginger and chili and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add potato cubes, salt and turmeric powder. Sauté for 2-3 minute.
- Add tomato, ginger, chili paste, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook it for another 1-2 minutes. Add water as you need the gravy consistency. Boil the gravy.
- Crush the dry Methi leaves and spread on top of the gravy. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Turf off the heat.
- If you are using fresh Methi leaves, add in pan while adding potatoes, so that it cooks well.