Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Potato: 4 medium sized
- Dry Methi leaves (Fenugreek Leaves): 1/4 cup
- Tomato: 2 medium sized
- Ginger: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Green Chili: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Water: As required for the gravy
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Blend tomato, ginger and chili to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add tomato paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes in medium heat.
- Add turmeric powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the potato pieces, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well. Add water to get the required gravy consistency. Boil the gravy.
- Crush the dry Methi leaves and spread on top of the gravy. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Turn off the heat. Serve hot.
- If you are using fresh Methi leaves, take 1/2 cup of fresh methi leaves and add in pan while adding potatoes, so that it gets well cooked.