Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Toor dal: 1 Cup
- Water: 4 Cups or as reqruired
- salt: 2 teaspoon or as required
- Carrot – 1 small, cut into cubes
- Drumstick – 2, cut into pieces lengthwise
- Ladies finger (Bhindi): 4-5, cut into pieces
- Brinjal or Began (Eggplant): 1 small, cut into cubes
- Potato: 1 small, cut into cubes
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Onion: 1 small, chopped
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Garlic cloves: 3-4, chopped
- Oil: 3 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds: ¼ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sambar powder: 2 Tablespoon
- Tamarind paste: 1 Tablespoon
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pressure cook or pan.
- add the Toor and saute for 2-3 minutes or till nice fragrance.
- Add 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt, half of the chopped tomato, half of the chopped onion, 1 garlic cloves, ½ Tablespoon sambar powder. Mix well. Cover and cook on high flame for 3 whistles.
- After the steam goes, open the cooker.
- In a big pot, heat 2 teaspoon oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add curry leaves, red dried chili, garlic, onion and sauté till onions are transparent, not brown.
- Add tomato and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped vegetables, 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cover for 6-7 minutes or till vegetables are cooked.
- Add cooked dal, sambar powder and tamarind paste. Adjust water to get the desired consistency.
- Let it boil for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.