Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 24 pieces
For the dough:
- Chickpea flour (Besan): ½ Cup
- Plain Flour (Maida): ¼
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Water: As required to knead the dough
For the filling:
- Tamarind paste: 3 Tablespoon
- Dry coconut, grated: 3 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds (Til): 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar: powdered, 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon or to taste
- Cumin Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Sev or Bhujia: 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Knead hard dough using the dough ingredients. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Except tamarind paste, dry roast all the ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal sized portions and roll into ball.
- Roll each ball into a 6-inch diameter circle.
- Apply tamarind paste evenly on the circle.
- Add half of the dry roasted filling.
- Use enough amount of tamarind paste, so that filling stuck nicely on it.
- Roll each circle tightly like a flute shape, thin cylinder.
- Now, cut each cylinder into 12 circular pieces, around 1-inch thick circles.
- Deep fry the pieces.
- You may bake the Bakarwadi, instead of deep frying. Oven Temperature: 180 C / 350 F and Time: 35-40 minutes.