Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Coconut: Grated, 1 cup
- Roasted Chana dal (Dalia): ¼ Cup
- Ginger, green chili: Chopped or paste, 1 teaspoon
- Curd: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: ½ Tablespoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Dried Red chili: 1, broken into 2 pieces.
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Blend coconut, roasted chana dal, ginger, green chili, salt and water into a smooth paste.
- Add Curd and blend again.
- Take out the paste into a bowl.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves and dried red chili. Sauté for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Pour the tadka (tempering) on top of the paste and cover it with a plate or lid.
- After 1 minute, remove the cover and mix well.