Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Coconut: Grated or chopped, 1/2 cup
- Chana dal: ¼ Cup
- Ginger: 1/2-inch piece, chopped
- Green chili: 1, chopped
- Curd: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Dry roast the chana dal for 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- Soak the roasted chana dal in water. Soak coconut, ginger, chili in the same bowl. soak all the in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked chana dal, coconut, ginger, green chili into a smooth paste.
- Add curd, salt, water if required for thinner consistency and blend again for just 30 seconds.
- Take out the paste into a bowl.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves. Sauté for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Pour the tadka (tempering) on top of the paste and cover it with a plate or lid.
- After 1 minute, remove the cover, mix well and serve.