Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
For the Mix:
- Besan (Chickpea flour/ Gram flour): 1 cup
- Curd: 1/4th Cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Hing(Asafoetida): 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Water: 1/4th Cup or as required
- Ginger, green chili paste: 1 teaspoon(optional)
- Eno (Fruit Salt): 2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves: 6-8
- Mustard Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 Teaspoon
- Water: 3 tablespoons
- Green chilies: 3-4, cut each, length-wise in to 2 pieces
- Fresh Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons or as required
- Grated Coconut: 2 tablespoons
- Add besan, curd, salt, hing, turmeric powder, ginger chili paste and water and make a smooth batter with a thick dropping consistency.
- Grease a pan in which dhokla will be steamed. Pan should almost be double in size as the batter will rise up while steaming.
- Add Eno in the batter and mix it softly.
- Shift the batter to the greased pan.
- Steam the dhokla for 10-15 minutes or microwave the batter in a microwave safe bowl for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seeds. Once the seeds are cracked, add chilis. Stir. When chilies are fried, add sugar and water. Boil it for 1 minute and turf off the heat.
- Cut the dhokla into square pieces using knife.
- Add the tempering on top of the dhokla pieces and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and grated coconut.