Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 8-10 Rotis
For the Dough:
- Whole wheat flour(Aata): 2 Cups
- Chickpea Flour (Besan): ½ Cup
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Tablespoon or to taste
- Fenugreek leaves (methi leaves): ½ Cup, washed
- Water: ¾ Cup or as required
- Oil/ghee: 2 Tablespoon
- Ghee/Oil to roast the theplas.
- Knead the dough ingredients to a soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 6-inch diameter circle.
- Heat Tawa and place the thepla on the tawa
- Flip after 30 seconds
- Add ½ teaspoon oil/ghee and roast both sides.
- Cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Serve hot, or, keep them in a casserole or wrap them up in a kitchen towel or napkin.
- You may add dry methi leaves.