Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- Full cream Milk: 4 cups
- Sugar: 3/4 cup or as required
- Cardamom (Elaichi Powder): 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted dry fruits (cashew, almonds, pistachios): 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee: 1/2 tablespoon
- In a heavy pot, heat ghee.
- Chop the fry fruits and roast them in ghee. Take out and keep aside.
- Add milk in the same pot. boil the milk, reduce the heat to medium and let it on heat until milk reduces to half quantity. Occasionally, stick the creamy layers of the boiled milk on the pot’s inside wall.
- Add sugar, mix well, and cook until sugar melts properly.
- Add little ghee and take out the sticky creamy layers from the pot wall and mix well.
- Turn of the heat. Transfer the rabdi to a bowl.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and roasted nuts.
- Serve hot, or let it cool completely. Then refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cool.