Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 cookies
- Plain Flour (Maida): 2 Cup
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Butter or ghee: ¾ Cup + 1 tablespoon
- Baking Powder: 2 Teaspoon
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients and make a soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 2-inch diameter circle.
- Or else, you can roll the dough into a large circle and use a cookie cutter to cut them into circles.
- Grease both side of the cookies with 1 tablespoon oil/butter.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet and prick them evenly with a fork, to prevent them from puffing while in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the cookies out of the oven and serve hot. Or, allow them to cool completely and store the cookies in an airtight container.
- You may use whole wheat flour for the dough.
- You may use hot milk to knead the dough, for softer cookies.