Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Plain Flour: 1 ½ Cup
- Powdered Sugar: 3/4 Cup
- Butter Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Oil or melted butter: 1/2 Cup
- Baking soda: 1 Teaspoon
- Baking powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Banana: 3 medium sized, ripe, peeled and mashed
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Powder: 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract: ½ Teaspoon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C.
- Sieve the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and keep aside.
- In a large bowl add the mashed banana, oil (or melted butter), butter milk and whisk well. There should be no lumps.
- Add the dry ingredient slowly, little at one time and whisk. Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips and fold it inside the batter gently. Do not over mix.
- Grease a medium size loaf pan.
- Pour batter into the pan
- Bake for 1 hour
- Let the Loaf cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife across the edges of the loaf pan and take out the bread.
- Cut into 10-12 equal bread slices.