Prep Time: Minimum 4-5 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Sago (Sabudana): 1 cup
- Potato: 2 medium sized
- Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Green chili: 1/2 teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Upvas Salt or rock salt (sendha namak): 1/2 Tablespoon
- Peanut: 1/4 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- lemon Juice: A few drops
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: 3 Cups
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Soak Sabudana for minimum 4 hours or till it becomes soft.
- Boil the potato, peel and mash. Or, you may cut it onto small pieces. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the peanuts and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add curry leaves, ginger and chili. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add sabudana, potato, peanut, salt, black pepper powder and mix it well.
- Add water, mix well and cover the pan with a lid for 6-7 minutes. Let it cook in medium heat.
- Remove the cover and cook till water is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- If you want to make dry upma, use 3 tablespoons of oil and do not add water.