Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 16 chaklis
- Rice flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds (Til): 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds(Jeera): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice or curd: 1 tablespoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon and as required to deep fry
- Water: 1/4 cup or as required
- Chakli maker
- Dry roast the Sesame seeds. Grind it to fine powder.
- Mix it with rice flour, salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder, cumin seeds, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Add hot water as needed to make soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough well. Divide the dough into 3-4 parts and roll them into long cylinders.
- Put one of the cylinder into chakli maker, and close.
- Press the chakli maker, making the chaklis into spiral’s (like jalebi or mosquito coils) over flat plate or butter paper.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put few chaklis at one time and fry both sides evenly in medium heat, until they are light brown, this takes 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take out the chaklis, drain the excess oil and put them in kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot or let them cool completely and store them in air tight container.
- If you do not have a chakli maker, make the dough little paste like and make a long triangular cone using a thick plastic (like Ice cream cone), fill the thick paste in the cone, cut the bottom of the cone to make a small hole, seal the top of the cone using hand and make the shapes pressing down the cone.