Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 Missi Rotis
- Gram Flour(Besan): 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour (Aata): 1 1/2 cup
- Oil: 2 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Butter or ghee for greasing: As required
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Combine Besan, aata, cumin seeds, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 and 1/2 tablespoon melted ghee / oil. Mix it well.
- Knead a stiff dough using enough water. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball to a 4-5 inch circles. You may flatten the circles using your hand as well.
- Heat a tawa and roast the Rotis over medium flame till both sides are done with light brown spots, not black. Do not increase the heat. Missi roti should be cooked in medium flame. It takes 3-4 minutes to roast one missi roti.
- Take out the roti and grease one side with ghee or butter and Serve immediately.
- Serve it with tadka dal, dry potato sabzi and green chutney.
- As missi roti takes more time to cook, I usually cook it beforehand and do not apply ghee. Just before serving I re-heat the roti for 30 seconds and apply ghee and serve hot.