Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serves: 12 Rotis
- Gram Flour(Besan): 2 cups
- Whole Wheat Flour (Aata): 1 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1Teaspoon
- Salt: To taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala: 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil or Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Butter or ghee for greasing: As required
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Combine Besan, aata, cumin seeds, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder and 1 tablespoon melted ghee / oil. Mix it well.
- Knead a soft and smooth dough using enough water. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball to a 4-5 inch circles. You may flatten the circles using your hand as well.
- Heat a tawa and roast the Rotis over medium flame with a little butter or ghee till both sides are done.
- Serve hot.