Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10-12 Rasgulla
- Full fat milk: 2 cup
- Lemon juice: 2-3 tablespoon
- Plain Flour (Maida): 1/2 Tablespoon
- Sugar: 1 1/2 Cup
- Water: 3 cups for sugar syrup and as required
- Boil milk in a heavy pot.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Stir until milk separated completely into two portions: solid and water.
- Turn off the heat and strain the solid portion. Squeeze the water and transfer the solid potion (Chhena) to a small bowl.
- Add plain flour to the chhena and knead well for 8-10 minutes or until very smooth like a dough. You may sprinkle a few drops of water if it is very dry and not able to make a dough. It is really important to knead the chhena well to get the perfect Rasgulla.
- Divide the smooth dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each portion to a smooth ball. Balls should not have any cracks.
- Roll all the balls and cover it with wet kitchen napkin.
- Heat a pan, add sugar and water. Bring it boil in medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Add rasgulla balls into the boiling syrup. Cover it with the lid.
- Occasionally, remove the lid and add more water, because after boiling, water will be reduced and the syrup will be thick. Make sure, syrup should be boiling all the time and not thick.
- After 15-20 minutes, you will see they are doubled in size. Turn off the heat.
- Add 1 cup of water to stop the syrup from boiling.
- Serve hot or let it cool completely, then store it in air tight container with the syrup.