Prep Time: 18 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Green Grams: 2 cups
- Water: As required
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Fresh Lettuce leaves: chopped, 1/2 Cup
- Cucumber: finely chopped or grated, 1/2 Cup
- Carrot: Grated, ½ Cup
- Boiled Potato: 1, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat Masala Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Mint leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
For the sprouts:
- Take 2 cups of green grams. Wash them thoroughly 3 to 4 times in fresh water.
- Soak in water and leave them overnight.
- Drain the grams.
- Transfer the grams on to a muslin cloth and tie the cloth.
- Keep the cloth in a container at room temperature and cover with lid.
- The sprouts start coming within 5 to 6 hours. If you want longer sprouts, keep for a longer time.
For the salad:
- Boil the Sprouts in pressure cooker only for 1 whistle or boil in a pan till 80% cooked. It should not be over-cooked.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, boiled potato, cabbage, green chili, cucumber, grated carrots, salt, black pepper powder, chat masala, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves. Mix well and serve.
- You may use sprouts without boiling as well.
- For crunchiness, you may add roasted peanuts or small pieces of bread toast.
- You may add purple cabbage or regular cabbage.
- You may add ready salad dressing of your choice: Ranch, Honey Mustard etc.