Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Basmati or Plain Rice: 3/4 Cup
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 2 Teaspoon
- Clove: 1
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cardamom: 1
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small 1 inch stick
- Cashew: 10-12
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder): 1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Water: 2 Cups
- Wash the rice with fresh water 2-3 times and soak in 15-20 minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan or pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, clove, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cashews. Stir.
- When cumin seeds crackle and cashews are light golden brown, add the drained rice, salt and cumin powder.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and wait till it starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan or the pressure cooker with a lid. Cook till 1 whistle in the pressure cooker or till rice is cooked in the pan.
- Open the lid after sometime, add coriander leaves and serve hot.