Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Chana Dal (Split Bengal gram): 3/4 Cup
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seed: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Clove: 1 or 2
- Red chili Powder or black Pepper Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Amchur Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut: Grated, 2 tablespoons
- Water: 1 1/2 Cup
- Wash Chana dal 2-3 time and soak it in water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and clove. When cumin seeds change color, add coconut, salt, sugar, red chili powder and amchur powder. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add drained chana dal, fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan till dals are cooked or cover the pressure cooker till 1 whistle.