Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Soup:
- Fresh Tomatoes: 2 medium sized
- Onion: 1/4 of a medium sized
- Garlic clove: 1, small
- Ginger: 1/4 Teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Green chill: 1, chopped or crushed
- Basil leaves: 1 or 2
- Butter: 2 Tablespoon
- Corn Flour: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 2 cups or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar or honey: 1/2 teaspoon
For the Crispy Bread Cubes:
- Bread slice: 2
- Oil: for deep fry
- Heat 1/2 Tablespoon butter in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and onion. Sauté till onions are soft and transparent, not golden.
- Add green chili, tomato and sauté for 3-4 minutes or till tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Blend the mix to smooth puree adding basil leaves and water.
- Strain the mixture.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter and add the corn flour. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the strained puree, salt, black pepper, sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to boil.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut the bread slices into 1 inch squares and deep fry them.
- Enjoy the crispy bread cubes with the tomato soup.