Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Slice Bread: 4 pieces
- Potato: 2 medium sized, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Green Chutney: 2 Tablespoon
- Tomato sauce: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1/2 of a medium sized, chopped
- Coriander Leaves: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder or Chat Masala Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili: 1/2 Teaspoon, chopped
- Oil: 1/2 Tablespoon
- cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter: As required to toast the sandwich
- Sev: 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add chopped onions. Sauté till golden brown.
- Add potato, green chili, salt, black pepper powder, chat masala powder. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves.
- Take 1 slice of the bread and spread half of the green chutney evenly on one side of the slice. Softly spread half of the potato masala on to the chutney layer. Take another slice of the bread and spread half of the tomato sauce evenly on one side of the slice. Put this slice on top of the previous slice with chutney and potato layer. Tomato sauce should be on the potato masala side.
- Grill or toast both sides using butter in a Tawa or sandwich maker or griller. Cook till it is crispy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle some sev bhujia on top of it and serve.
- You may use whole wheat bread or multi grain bread or plain white bread slices.