Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Milk: 3 Cups
- Custard Powder: 2 Tablespoon
- Sugar or honey: 2 Tablespoon (Custard powder contains sweet ingredients, so check the taste while adding sugar)
- Mixed fruits: Chopped, 1 cup (banana, apple, pomegranate arils and/or grape, sapote, mango, strawberry, cherry etc.)
- Take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl and keep it in freeze.
- Take custard powder in a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons of milk and mix it well to a smooth paste, with no lumps.
- Boil the remaining milk in a pan.
- Once milk starts to boil, add this custard paste. Stir continuously.
- Cook over medium flame for 7-8 minutes or till custard thickens up.
- Add sugar and stir for 2-3 minutes or till sugar melts.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the custard to a big bowl. And let it cool completely.
- Add the mixed fruit, mix gently.
- Cover it and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve cool.
- You may soak 4-5 saffron stands in 1 tablespoon milk and add it to custard while adding sugar.
- While hot, custard looks thinner consistency, but once cooled, it gets thicker. So, do not thicken it up very much while cooking.
- You may add dry fruits and Elaichi (cardamom) powder as well.