Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Spinach (Palak): washed and chopped, 3 cups
- Paneer: Cut into ¼ inch square cubes, 1 cup
- Ginger: chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: chopped, ½ teaspoon
- Butter or ghee or oil: 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Cashew (Kaju): 5-6
- Poppy seeds(khus khus): 1 Tablespoon
- Onion: finely chopped. 1/4th cup (1 Medium sized)
- Milk cream or milk: ¼ Cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves: 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Soak poppy seeds and cashew nuts in 1/4 cup of water for 10 minutes and blend into paste using the soaked water.
- Blend ginger, green chili, onion and keep aside.
- Blend spinach and keep aside.
- Heat 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a pan. Turn off the heat, add the paneer cubes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add ginger, chili, onion paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach puree, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala power. Stir well and cover with lid. Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add milk cream and cashew, poppy seeds’ paste. Stir well and cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Drain paneer cubes and add in the mix. Mix well and cover it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves.
- You may use sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds.