Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Spinach (Palak): washed and chopped, 3 cups
- Paneer: Cut into 1 inch square cubes, 1 cup (300 grams)
- Ginger: chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Butter or ghee or oil: 2 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Cashew (Kaju): 7-8
- Poppy seeds(khasakhas): 1/2 Tablespoon
- Milk cream: ¼ Cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Clove (laung): 1
- Green cardamom (elaichi): 1
- Cinnamon stick (dalchini): 1 inch
- Soak poppy seeds and cashew nuts in 1/4 cup of water for 10 minutes. Blend into paste using the soaked water.
- Blend spinach with ginger and green chili into smooth puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. add the paneer cubed and roast the paneer cubes till light brown spots. Take them out and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, cinnamom stick. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach puree and salt. Stir well and cover with lid. Cook it for 4-5 minutes or till the raw smell of spinach is gone.
- Remove the lid and add cashew-poppy seeds’ paste, black pepper powder, garam masala power. Stir well and cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and milk cream. Fold the paneer cubes gently in the spinach gravy. Cover it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves and serve.
- You may use sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds.