Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Indian Cluster Beans or Gawar Ki Phalli: 200 grams, approx. 15-18 pieces.
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Curd: 1/4 Cup
- Water: 1 Cup
- Chick Pea Flour / Gram Flour (Besan): 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Teaspoon
- Green Chili: 1, cut into 2 pieces lengthwise
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Spring Onion: Green leaves, chopped, 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl, add curd, besan and water. Whisk well, there should be no lumps. Keep aside.
- Wash the Indian Cluster Beans or Gawar Ki Phalli and boil it either in pressure cooker till 1 whistle or in a pot for 4-5 minutes till almost cooked (80%).
- Trim the ends of the beans and remove the strings. Cut them into ½-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add green chili, stir.
- Add chopped beans, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder and cover it 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curd, besan, water mix and stir continuously till it stars boiling.
- Cook it for another 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.