Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 Minutes
- Semolina (Sooji or Rava): 1 cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Onion: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Green Bell Pepper: ½ medium sized, chopped
- Water: 2 ½ Cup, warm
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, crushed or paste, 1 teaspoon
- Green Chill: 1, cut into 2 pieces lengthwise
- Dried Red chili: 1, broken into 2 pieces (optional)
- Roasted chana dal (dalia) or Urad dal: ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 3-4
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): ½ Teaspoon
- Dry roast the Sooji until it turns light brown.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add Urad/Chana dal, peanuts and dried red chili. Stir for 1 minute and add onion, green bell pepper, ginger, green chili, curry leaves. Sauté for 2-3 minutes till onions are golden brown.
- Add the roasted sooji, salt and black pepper powder. Mix well. Add water, cover the pan and let the water boil.
- Remove the cover, and cook on low flame till the Sooji absorbs all the water. Stir continuously.
- Turn off the heat and serve.