Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the Paste:
- Grated or chopped Coconut: 1/4 cup
- Poppy seed: 2 Teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts: 10-12
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Green chili: 1 teaspoon,, chopped
- Clove: 1
- Green Cardamom: 1
- Milk: 1/4 cup
For the Kurma:
- Mixed Vegetables: 3 Cup, chopped in small pieces (1 Potato, 2 carrot, 5-6 Beans, 2-3 chunks of cauliflower, handful of Peas)
- Paneer (Hard cottage Cheese): 200 grams, 3/4 cup, cut into cubes
- Onion: 1 medium, chopped
- Green bell pepper: 1 small, chopped
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Oil: As required for deep fry (optional)
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Cumin seed: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
- Dried Kasoori Methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves): 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Soak coconut, poppy seeds, cashews, ginger, chili, clove and cardamom in milk for 10 minutes, then grind to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil for deep fry. Deep fry the vegetables one by one. First fry the potatoes till light brown, then take out. Now fry carrots, beans and cauliflowers, one veg at a time. Take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- For a healthier recipe with less oil, instead of frying, you may boil the vegetables in water and then drain the water. First boil 5-6 cups of water, once it starts to boil add potato, after 3-4 minutes, add carrots and beans, after 4-5 minutes, add cauliflower and at last add green peas. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon ghee /oil.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds.
- After 30 seconds, add onion and green bell pepper and fry till onions soft and translucent, not brown.
- Add the cooked vegetables, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder and cashew-coconut paste. Mix well. Add water as per your preference for the gravy. I added 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes or till the gravy starts to bubble up.
- Turn off the heat.
- Rub the dried methi leaves with your hands and add it in the korma. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
- You may add 1 tablespoon fresh milk cream while serving.