Prep Time: 20 hours
- Black Grams: 2 cups
- Water: As required
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Potato: 1 medium, boiled, peeled, chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Cabbage: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Mint leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
For the sprouts:
- Take 2 cups of black grams. Wash them thoroughly 3 to 4 times in fresh water.
- Soak in water and leave them overnight.
- Drain the grams.
- Transfer the grams on to a muslin cloth and tie the cloth.
- Keep the cloth in a container at room temperature and cover with lid.
- The sprouts start coming within 5 to 6 hours. If you want longer sprouts, keep for a longer time.
For the salad:
- Boil the sprouts for 1 whistle in a pressure cooker or until 80% cooked in a pan. It should not be over cooked.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, boiled potato, cabbage, roasted peanuts, green chili, salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves. Toss well and serve.
- You may make the salad without boiling the sprouts as well.
- You may add your choice of salad dressing: Ranch, mustard etc.