Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Semolina (Sooji / Rava): 1 cup
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Ghee: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 2 ½ Cup
- Kesari food color: 1 pinch
- Saffron: 2 to 3 strands
- Milk: 1 tbsp.
- Cashew nuts: 7-8
- Raisin: 10-12
- Soak saffron strands in warm milk, Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee and roast cashews till golden brown, take out the roasted cashews and keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast the rava in low heat till light brown.
- Add water and bring it to boil in low heat. Keep Stirring. There should be no lumps.
- Add the kesari color, saffron milk, sugar and remaining ghee. Mix well. keep stirring continuously in medium flame till it reaches the required consistency (thick but smooth, like toothpaste).
- Turn off the heat and add the roasted cashew nuts and raisins.