Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Potato: long baking potatoes, 2
- Thick Curd or Yogurt: 2 Tablespoon
- Oil / Butter: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Oregano: ½ Teaspoon
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 2 portions. Cut each portion lengthwise into 5-6 part.
- Wash them and drain the water.
- In a bowl add curd, oil, salt, black pepper powder, dried oregano and whisk well.
- Add the potatoes in the bowl and toss well.
- All potato wedges should be evenly coated with the mix.
- Leave the mix for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400-degree F or 200-degree C.
- In a baking tray, line the potato wedges on a baking sheet.
- Cover the tray with a aluminium sheet and prick 2-3 places on the sheet using a knife or fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take out the tray and remove the aluminium sheet. Bake again for 20 minutes or till potatoes are well cooked.
- Serve hot.
- Depending on the potato quality and thickness of the wedges, baking time may vary. So, after 20 minutes check if the potatoes are baked or not.
- You may add, ginger, garlic, chili paste to the curd mix.
- You may add grated cheese. Once potatoes are almost baked(80%), add cheese and bake again.