Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 6 Chillas /Dosas /Pancakes
- Green moong dal (split green gram): 1 cup, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- Ginger and green chili, finely chopped: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking: 4 Teaspoon or as required
- Chat masala: 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Fennel seeds or coriander seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander (dhania): 1 Tablespoon
- Water: ½ Cup
- Blend the green moong dal, ginger, green chili and water to a smooth batter. Add little water and make the batter a smooth dropping consistency mix.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl. Add salt, chat masala, coriander seeds and coriander leaves.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour 2 tablespoon of the batter in the pan and spread it lightly to make a 5-6-inch diameter circle.
- Drizzle little oil over it and cover for 1 minute.
- Flip it carefully, drizzle little oil again. Do not cover it now and cook for another 1 minute.
- Cook it flipping both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Take out the chilla and serve hot with chutney.