Soaking time: Minimum 2 hours (you can soak it overnight as well)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 6 Chillas /Dosas /Pancakes
- Green moong dal (split green gram): 1 cup, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- Ginger and green chili, finely chopped: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking: 3 Teaspoon
- Chat masala: 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Fennel seeds or coriander seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander (dhania): 1 Tablespoon
- Water: ½ Cup
- Blend the green moong dal, ginger, green chili and water to a smooth batter. Add little water and make the batter a smooth dropping consistency mix.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl. Add salt, chat masala, coriander seeds and coriander leaves.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour 3 tablespoon of the batter in pan and spread it lightly to make a 4-5-inch diameter circle.
- Flip it carefully and cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out the chilla and serve hot with chutney.