Prep Time: 10-12 hours
- Taco Shells: 8
- Green Grams: 2 cups
- Water: As required
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Cabbage: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Mint leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Grated Cheese: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato sauce: 4 tablespoons
For the sprouts:
- Take 2 cups of green grams. Wash them thoroughly 3 to 4 times in fresh water.
- Soak in water and leave them overnight.
- Drain the grams.
- Transfer the grams on to a muslin cloth and tie the cloth.
- Keep the cloth in a container at room temperature and cover with lid.
- The sprouts start coming within 5 to 6 hours. If you want longer sprouts, keep for a longer time.
For the Filling:
- Boil the Sprouts in pressure cooker only for 1 whistle or boil in a pan till 80% cooked. It should not be over-cooked.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, boiled potato, cabbage, green chili, salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cheese. Mix well.
- Taco a taco shell, add little tomato sauce or any sauce of your choice.
- Fill it with the sprouts mix and serve.
- You may prepare the Taco shells at home. Please visit http://wp.me/p8yNxk-2ap for the taco shell recipe.