Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 11 Pedas
- Milkmaid or Condensed Milk: ¾ Cup
- Milk Powder: 1
- Ghee: 2 Tablespoon
- Saffron: 4-5 strands
- Warm Milk: 2 Tablespoon
- Pistachios: 7-8, chopped
- Almonds: 7-8, chopped
- Cardamom Powder: 1 pinch
- Add saffron to the warm milk and set aside
- Mix the milkmaid / condensed milk and milk powder in a non-stick pan and whisk it very well. There should be no lumps.
- Switch on the heat and cook the mix in low flame for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the saffron soaked milk and cook again in low flame for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add ghee and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes or till the mix becomes soft dough, which could be rolled into balls.
- Turn off the heat, add Cardamom powder, mix well and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 11 equal portions.
- Roll each portion in a small flat ball.
- Press the center of each ball with your thumb and add little pistachios and almonds.
- Serve or store in container. It says well for 5-6 days.