Prep time: 1 day
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Urad Dal (white lentils): 1/2 Cup
- Rice: 2 Cups
- Methi (Fenugreek) seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Tablespoon or to taste
- Cooked plain rice or soaked poha: 1/4 cup
- Water: As required
- Wash dal and rice 2-3 times. Soak the mix in water with methi seeds. Soak it for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water, add soaked poha or cooked rice to the mix and grind the mixture to a smooth paste. Not too thick, not too thin paste. Add little water while grinding if required.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl, cover it and let it ferment for overnight. The batter will increase in volume.
- Add salt. Mix well.
- Heat a tawa, pour 1 ladle full of batter and spread evenly to thinnest circle possible. Drizzle little oil over it and cook in medium flame until its golden. No need to flip.
- Serve Hot.