Soaking time: 6 Hours
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana): 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon to taste
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 2-3
- Dried Red Chili: 1
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Clove: 1
- Cardamom: 1
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion: 1, chopped
- Tomato: 2, chopped
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Green Chili: 1, chopped
- Garam masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur Powder): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Grated Coconut: 2 Tablespoon
- Fresh Milk Cream: 1 Tablespoon
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves): 2 Tablespoon, chopped
- Wash the kala chana 2-3 times and soak in water for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- Boil the kala chana with 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles in medium flame.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, dried red chili, bay leaf, clove, cardamom, cinnamon stick. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till onions are light brown.
- Add tomato, green chili, coconut, garam masala powder, amchur powder. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Grind the Masala Gravy to smooth puree. (Optional)
- Heat little oil, add hing, add the boiled kala chana with water and grinded gravy. Mix well. And cover it for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh milk cream and coriander leaves.