Prep Time: 7-8 hours
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Serves: 2 Medium Pizza
For Pizza base:
- Plain flour (Maida): 1 and ½ Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Active dry yeast: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water: as required
For the Pizza sauce:
- Oil / Butter: 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Red Dried Chili: 1
- Green Chili: 1, finely chopped or crushed
- Ginger: 1 Teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed
- Garlic: 1 Teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed
- Dry Oregano: 1 Teaspoon
- Basil Leaves: 6-7, finely chopped
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Corn Flour: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: ¼ Cup
For the Topping:
- Grated Cheese: 1 Cup
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green Bell Pepper: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Sweet corn kernels: 2 Tablespoon
- Paneer or tofu: 6-8 rectangle pieces
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
Dry Oregano: ½ Teaspoon
For the Pizza Base:
- Mix yeast, salt, sugar and 1/4 cup warm water. keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Take flour in a bowl. Add the yeast mix. Mix well.
- Using warm water, knead a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for 5-6 hours. It will double in size.
- Remove the cover and knead again for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 8-10 inch circles. Sprinkle some flour or use oil if it is sticky while rolling to a circle.
- Preheat the oven to at 200C for 15-25 minutes.
For the Pizza Sauce:
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté dried red chili, ginger, garlic and onion till onions are light golden brown.
- Add tomato, green chili, dried oregano, basil leaves, salt, black pepper powder and sauté till tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn of the heat and let it cool.
- Blend this mixture to a smooth paste.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon oil in another small pan. Sauté corn flour for 1 minute and add ¼ cup of water. Boil it for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
For the Toppings
- Mix chopped onions, tomato, bell pepper, sweet corn, salt, black pepper powder and oregano. Toss well and keep aside.
- Grate the cheese and keep aside.
- Keep the paneer pieces aside.
- Take one Pizza base.
- Apply half of the pizza sauce on one side of the base. Add half of the vegetable and paneer toppings. Add half of the grated cheese.
- Assemble the other pizza as well.
- Preheat the oven to 425-degree F or 200-degree C.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes