Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 Papads
- Rice Flour: 1 cup
- Water: As required
- Kalonji / Mangrela / Black seeds / Kala Jeera – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Baking Soda: 1 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Using warm water, knead the mix to a soft dough.
- Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Boil water in a large vessel. Put a stand inside the water.
- Add the flatten dough to a round container and place it on the stand inside the vessel.
- Cover the vessel and steam the dough for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add some oil and knead the steamed dough again.
- Knead very well and divide the dough into 16 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into balls
- Roll each ball into thinnest circles. If it is sticky, use oil while rolling.
- Dry them in room or in sunlight. It takes 12 to 24 hours to dry depending on the temperature.
- Once all dried, keep them in air tight container.
- While serving, deep fry or microwave for 40 seconds.