Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Potato: Washed, peeled and cubed, 1 ½ cup
- Curd: 1 Cup
- Water: ½ Cup or as required
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder(Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder (dhania): 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder (Jeera): 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing): 1 pinch
- Whisk curd and water very well and keep aside. There should be no lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and hing. When cumin seeds change color, add potato cubes, salt, turmeric powder. Mix well. Cover the pan with a lid for 8-10 minutes, until potatoes are almost done (80%).
- Remove the lid. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and whisked curd.
- Mix well and stir continuously in medium flame until the gravy starts to boil.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes or till potatoes are completely done.
- If you do not stir after adding whisked curd, gravy may separate into 2 parts, solid and water. So, you need to stir gently and continuously until it starts to boil.