Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Okra / Ladyfinger/ Bhindi: 200 grams
- Card (Dahi or yogurt): 3/4 cup
- Gram flour (Besan): 2 Tablespoon
- Water: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Whisk, curd, water and besan (gram flour) well and keep aside. There should be no lumps.
- Clean the bhindis first using a wet napkin and then a dry napkin. Trim the edges of each bhindi and cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When it changes color, add bhindi pieces, salt and turmeric. Stir and cover for 3-4 minutes in medium heat. Bhindis should be almost (80%) cooked.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder and roast for another 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add curd mixture. Mix well. Stir continuously until gravy starts to boil. Cook for 7-8 minutes in low heat.
- Serve hot.