Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Gram flour (besan): 2 Cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Red chili Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Citric Acid or Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 1/2 tablespoon
- Water: as required
- Bhujia Maker
- Sieve the gram flour and keep it in a bowl.
- Add salt, hing, turmeric powder, red chili powder, oil and citric acid in the flour. Using a spoon mix well. Add water to make a very thick paste, kind of soft dough. Cover this dough for 30 minutes allowing it to ferment.
- Apply some oil in the inside wall of the bhujia maker. Using spoon fill the paste in the bhujia maker and close it.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and press bhujia from the bhujia maker to hot oil. Medium the heat and allow bhujia to fry for some time then turn it over, fry till it turns light brown. Take it out on a oil absorbing napkin. Similarly fry all of the Bhujia.
- Let it cool. Break them into small bhujia pieces and store them in an air-tight container.