Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 4 Paranthas
- Whole wheat Flour (Aata): 1 ½ Cup
- Water: As required
- Potato: 3 medium sized
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Garam masala Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Aamchur Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Oil / ghee / butter: To roast the parathas
- Using wheat flour and water knead a soft dough. Add 1 teaspoon oil and knead again. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside.
- Boil potatoes. Peel and mash them. Add salt, garam masala powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, aamchur powder and mix well. Divide the potato stuff in 4 equal portions.
- Take the wheat dough and divide into 4 portions.
- Roll out wheat ball to small 2-3 diameter circles, add a portion of prepared stuffing in the center, seal the edges and lightly roll out into thick parantha.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the prepared parantha on it and roast with ghee or butter till both sides are done evenly.
- You may roast the potato stuff using 1 tablespoon oil for 6-7 minutes in medium heat.
- You may add ginger, green chili paste and chopped coriander leaves.