Prep Time: 4 Hours
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Moong Dal (Split Yellow Gram): 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil: For deep fry
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Chat Masala: ¼ Teaspoon
- Nimbu sat (Lemon seven): ¼ Teaspoon
- Wash moong dal 2-3 times.
- Soak in water for 2 hours with baking soda.
- Drain the water completely and spread the moong dal on a clean kitchen napkin. Let it soak the extra water for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the moong dal in medium heat until crispy.
- Take out the fried moong dal on an oil absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, asafetida, chat masala and nimbu sat. Toss well.
- Serve hot or let it cool and store in air tight container.