Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Serves: 6 Paranthas
For the dough:
- Whole wheat flour (Aata): 2 cups
- Water: As required
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
For the Carrot stuff:
- Carrot, peeled and grated: 2 cups (2 medium sized)
- Oil: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera): ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Aamchur powder: ¼ Teaspoon
For the paratha:
- Ghee or butter for roast
- Knead wheat flour using water and make a soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- To make stuffing, heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, when it changes color, add grated carrots. Sauté for 4-5 minutes in medium heat. Do not cover.
- Add salt, sugar, red chili powder, garam masala powder and aamchur powder. Mix well. Sauté in high flame for another 4-5 minutes or till the stuff is dry and raw smell of carrot is gone. Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Take the aata dough, divide into six equal portions and divide the carrot stuffing into six equal portions as well.
- Roll out wheat ball to small discs, add a portion of prepared stuffing in the center, seal the edges and lightly roll out into thick parantha.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the prepared parantha on it and roast with ghee or butter till both sides are done evenly.