Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Lauki: Peeled, washed and grated, 2 Cup
- Ghee: 2 Tablespoon
- Milk: 2 Cup
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder (Elaichi): ½ Teaspoon
- Raisins: ½ Tablespoon
- Chopped Almonds: 1 Tablespoon
- Cashew: 8-10
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and fry cashews. Take it out and keep aside.
- Add the grated lauki in the left-over ghee. Roast it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add milk, mix well. Cook on high flame until milk starts to boil. Medium the heat and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee, sugar, the fried cashews, raisins, almonds and cardamom powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- You may use 3/4 cup of Milk Maid or condensed milk instead of milk and sugar.
- You may add khoya. Add only ¼ cup milk and when lauki is 90% cooked then add khoya. Cook till it is done.