Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 8 Puris
- Whole wheat flour (aata): 1 cup
- Water: As required
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon or to taste
- Carrom seeds (Ajwain): ½ Teaspoon (optional)
- Oil: 1 teaspoon and as required to fry the puris
- Mix salt and ajwain with the aata. Toss well.
- Using water knead a hard dough. (If the dough is soft, rolling the puris will be difficult and it would absorb more oil while frying).
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the dough and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball.
- Take a ball, grease with little oil and roll into 3-4-inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil for dep fry.
- In medium heat, add the puri in the oil, press the puri very gently using a slotted spatula and flip it once it puffs up or after 30 seconds. Fry both sides until light golden brown. Oil should be enough to cover the puffed puri.
- Fry all the puris one by one or 2-3 at a time. Drain the excess oil and take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.