Prep Time: 35 minutes
Ready In: 2 minutes
For the Pineapple syrup:
- Pineapple chunks: 2 cup
- Sugar: ¾ Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 2 Cup
- Ginger: 1 inch piece, chopped
- Blend pineapple and ginger. Sieve the mixture.
- In a heavy pan, add the mixture, sugar, salt, lemon juice and water.
- Bring to a boil in medium heat, keep stirring.
- Reduce heat and cook until the mixture reduces to half
- Let it cool and pour into jars. Store in refrigerator. You can preserve it for 15-20 days.
- While serving, add 4-5 ice cubes in a glass and 3 tablespoons of the pineapple syrup. Pour Chilled water and stir well.
- You may add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder and 3-4 mint leaves while serving.
- Blend the pineapple chunks until very smooth. Use water if required. Pour mixture through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids.
- Serve pineapple juice over ice, in a glass.
- You may add few drops of lemon juice, 1 pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar/honey.